Do you ever donate to charities? Who do you donate to? How do you find a worthy charity? There are thousands upon thousands of charities in the world that it can be overwhelming to select one to donate to. My family and I like to donate to a new charity each month and I’ve spent countless hours researching different ones. Today I am going to share a list of 10 amazing and very worthy charities for you to consider donating to if that’s your thing.
1. Families of SMA. Fsma.org funds and directs the leading SMA research programs to develop a treatment and cure for this disease. Did you know that SMA is the number ONE genetic killer of infants? It is, yet many people have never even heard of this horrible disease before. Families of SMA is dedicated to finding a cure, funding research, improving care for all SMA patients, educating health professionals and the public about SMA, and enlisting government support by SMA. If you have children, or even if you don’t, consider donating to this very worthy cause to help children with SMA everywhere!
2. Best Friends Animal Society can be found at bestfriends.org. They are the amazing folks behind the no kill movement and since they launched this over 30 years ago, the number of animals killed in shelters went from 17 million to 4 million. Best Friends does amazing things with ALL types of animals. If you donate to them, your money will go to helping rescue animals at kill shelters along with helping to bring awareness to shelters and people across the globe.
3. St. Jude’s Children Research Hospital. Stjude.org is a lifesaving mission that finds cures and saves children. Donations help bring them closer to the day when every precious life can be saved. Thanks to donors, no family ever pays St. Jude for anything. Care, housing, transportation, meals- the list of services they provide to their families is unequalled. This would not be possible without donations.
4. Save The Children. Savethechildren.org is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in need in not just the U.S but all around the world. When disaster strikes around the world, Save The Children is there to save lives with food, medical care, and education. Your donations make this happen.
5. Green Peace Fund. Greenpeacefund.org has dedicated their time, passion, and resources since 1971 trying to ensure that the Earth is able to nurture life in its diversity and promote solutions for future generations.
6.Habitat For Humanity. Habitat.org has helped to build or repare over 600,000 houses, serving more than 3 million people worldwide. Through volunteer labor and donationsof money, Habitat is able to make this happen.
7. American Red Cross. Redcross.org takes donations that go towards responding to disaster, collecting lifesaving blood, teaching skills that can save a life, and assisting our military members and their families.
8. The Sunshine Foundation. Sunshinefoundation.org answers the wishes and dreams of the chronically ill, seriously ill, physically challenged, and abused children. Your donations make these dreams become a reality!
9. Heifer International. Heifer.org has always been one of my families most favorite charities to donate to. They work to end hunger and poverty. They work to give families a hand up, not just a hand out. When you donate, you are able to choose gifts of livestock or training for these people. You can gift a family a cow, chickens, books, a year of school education, mosquito nets, the list goes on and on. I think it’s really neat to choose exactly where your money is going and it is so neat to not only gift these people something, but to give them a gift that will keep on giving!
10. Special Olympics. Specialolympics.org is an international organization that changes lives by promoting understanding and acceptance. They provide training and sports programs for over 33.5 million children! This is a very worthy organization that can always use donations and volunteers.
Have I left out your favorite charity? Leave us a comment and add it to the list!