At two years old, my daughter is beginning to enjoy the sights and sounds of the holidays. She understands that Christmas means yummy food, fun presents, lots of singing, and craft-apalooza on the kitchen table.
One such craft is this simple DIY especially for her … a muffin tin countdown for the 12 days of Christmas.
- Mini muffin tin
- 2 1/2 inch circle punch
- Red and green paper
- Double-sided tape
- Black marker
- 12 tiny surprises
- Punch 6 green circles and 6 red circles
- Write one number (1-12) on each
- Fill each space with a tiny surprise
- Place two small pieces of double-sided tape on the top and bottom of each circle and firmly press over the muffin space
- Watch your little ones happy faces as they uncover each space beginning on December 14th
TIPS & TRICKS
This project could easily be morphed into an Advent Calendar with a 24 space muffin tin.
Tiny surprise could be candy, mini animals, or stickers.
For older children, each space could hold a coupon for Christmas activities like a Christmas light drive, baking cookies, a visit to Santa, volunteering to ring the Salvation Army bell, helping to wrap presents, caroling, or a slumber party in the living room with a Christmas movie.
When Christmas is over, you have your muffin tin back!