Have you heard the news? The holidays are here! I know it’s only the beginning of November, but the holiday preparations here at the Baby Gizmo headquarters are in full swing. Poor Thanksgiving is like the red-headed step child to Christmas because we are too busy thinking about what Santa is putting under your tree this year to even think about pumpkin pie. Mmmmmm, pie.
I know what you are all saying to yourselves, “Twitter party? What in the heck is that?” Don’t worry, I said the same exact thing.
Here are Baby Gizmo’s top 5 things that are great about our Holiday Toys Twitter Parties:
1) You don’t have to get dressed up for this party! You don’t even have to wear pants! Unless you have Party Pants. Because you’ll definitely want to wear those.
2) No babysitter, designated driver, or date required. Woot!
3) Prizes, prizes, prizes! And trust me: The swag we have up for grabs is way better than anything you’ll snag at the annual office gift exchange.
4) It’s only 1 hour, which means you can party like a rock star and still wake up for that 4am feeding.
5) You won’t be forced into eating Aunt Edna’s fruit cake, your cousin Lenny won’t put a little too much rum in his egg nog, and your mother in law won’t be sitting in the corner silently judging you. Wait, did I just say that?
Now that you know how much fun it’s going to be, are you ready to hear how to get jiggy with it at a Twitter party? Here’s how it works:
What is a Twitter Party?
A Twitter party is a 1-hour, real-time virtual party on Twitter that is basically a huge conversation for people to talk about the same thing! During our Twitter Parties we will be talking about hot holiday toys and the holidays!! We will not only be talking about the but giving away great prizes during every party!!
Here is how to join a Twitter Party!!
1) You have to have a Twitter account. If you don’t already, you can create one at www.twitter.com.
2) Once you have a twitter ID, you need to RSVP before the party so that you will be eligible to win the fabulous prizes during the party! The first party is MACLAREN and the RSVP post will be going up shortly! Stay tuned!!
3) Every tweet in a Twitter party must contain a hashtag (or the pound symbol: #) with a designated unique word. Without the #word, your tweet is not part of the party conversation. For example, your tweets might end in #BabyGizmoRocks, or something like that. We will announce the specific Hashtag days before the party begins, so stay tuned!
5) Just Tweet! You will always want to follow and watch the panelists (that’s us!) during the party. You can ask questions just by tweeting to @babygizmo during the party! And remember to follow all your Tweets with the hashtag so we know you are partying along with us.
Twitter Party Pro Tip:
Tweetdeck and Tweetgrid make following a twitter party much easier. TweetChat seems to be the easiest for the newbies! When you go to these sites, log in with your Twitter ID and password and join a room. The room is your party’s hashtag. The great thing about these platforms is that you don’t need to type in the hashtag every time you tweet! It does it for you!
It may sound intimidating but believe us, it’s easy to catch on and super fun! Remember: No makeup, pants, or babysitters required!! See you there!