This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Michelina’s. All opinions are 100% mine.
Back-to-School means it is time for things to get crazy. Don’t get me wrong, during the school day is super peaceful in my house as I get my work done, but as soon as 3:30pm rolls around, all bets are off. Things get cray cray up in here!
Between the homework, sports, religion classes, bath time and other after-school activities, it leaves little time for me to slave away in the kitchen making a huge gourmet meal. Sometimes 10 minutes is all I have to get something yummy on the table.
On those especially busy nights when everything seems to overlap, there are times that I turn to the good ole’ frozen meals. They are easy, quick and everyone gets to pick their own.
One of the brands that I like to serve my family is Michelina’s because not only are they easy on the budget but they have a Michelina’s Lean Gourmet® version for those of us trying to watch our girly figures.
I serve the kids the regular Michelina’s because they love the macaroni and cheese, tortellini and chicken varieties and I stick to the weight-conscious Michelina’s Lean Gourmet® varieties.
Being the foodie that I am, I can’t just serve it right out of the frozen meal carton though. I’m a little classier than that! I have to mix it up. Make it my own. Make it look like I’m doing my domestic duty.
Today I wanted to share two ways that I make these frozen meals my own. If you do it like I do it and add your own ingredients and serve it up on a nice dinner plate, no one would be the wiser that you didn’t slave away in the kitchen all afternoon.
Each of these recipes take less than 10 minutes to make and the ingredients is to serve one. If you have 3 kids, just multiple everything by 3 and you’ll be good to go!
Cheeseburger Wheel Pasta
This one is easy-peasy and a big hit with the little crowd.
1/2 cup ground beef, browned
Michelina’s Wheels & Cheese
2 teaspoons bread crumbs
1. Brown the ground beef in a skillet on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until no pink remains. If you are making this for multiple kids, just add more ground beef.
2. While the ground beef is cooking, cook the Michelina’s Wheels & Cheese in the microwave according to the package.
3. When both the pasta and meat is cooked thoroughly, mix together and scoop onto a nice dinner plate. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and serve with a side of vegetables.
Chipotle Chicken & Rice Roll-Ups (Serves 1)
This one is great for mom and dad!
Michelina’s Lean Gourmet® Chipotle Chicken & Rice
2 Whole Wheat Tortillas
2 Tablespoon Pepper Jack Cheese
1/4 cup Salsa
1. Cook the Michelina’s Lean Gourmet® Chipotle Chicken & Rice in the microwave according to the package.
2. Divide the Chicken & Rice evenly on top of each tortilla.
3. Sprinkle each with a tablespoon of pepper jack cheese.
4. Roll it up.
5. Serve with a side of salsa.
Michelina’s has some “Make it Your Own” ideas as well. I’m trying the Lettuce Wraps next! It looks super easy and quick to make and delicious. You can find that recipe here.
If you want even more ideas, check out .Make It Your Michelina’s
What are your 10 minutes and less dinner ideas? Have you ever thought of mixing up the frozen dinners to make them your own?