A couple weeks ago I did a TV segment on FOX’s Good Day Chicago all about sun safety. I featured a great line of sun protective swimwear called Snapper Rock. After spending the entire Memorial Day weekend poolside with our new Snapper Rock swimwear, we thought we would do a video to feature this fabulous UV50+ line of swimwear. From bikinis to board shorts to flap hats and rash guards, this swim line blocks 98% of the sun’s harmful rays!
Take a peek at our fun video (it’s just over a minute!) and then check out the sun safety tips below.
- Babies ages 0-6 months should be kept out of the sun as much as possible. When it’s unavoidable, keep them fully covered in sun-protective clothing and in the shade as much as possible.
- Choose a water-resistant, broad spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30+, which will block both UVA and UVB rays. Don’t forget to apply on the neck, ears and lips – the most commonly missed spots!
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before any outdoor activity, and reapply every two hours and directly after swimming.
- Equip your child with the right tools including UV-protective clothing and hats, such as Snapper Rock UV50+ swimwear, and UV-blocking sunglasses to shield their sensitive eyes.
- Avoid direct sunlight between 10am-4pm when the sun’s UV rays are strongest, and find shade often.
For more information on Snapper Rock, visit their website at http://www.snapperrock.com.
*Disclosure: We were provided Snapper Rock swimwear for the kids for the TV segment. As always, all thoughts, opinions and statements are our own. We wouldn’t tell you about a product if we really didn’t like it! 🙂