The highly anticipated Chicco NextFit has officially launched. Following the popularity of its little sis, the KeyFit Infant Car Seat, the NextFit is stocked with innovative features to make it easy for parents to install correctly every time. This convertible car seat accommodates children 5 lbs up to 65 lbs (or 50″ – whichever comes first!).
We got our hands on one of these gems and let me tell you – we are impressed! After getting to know the NextFit, we wanted to show you this new convertible car seat up close and personal in a Baby Gizmo Video Review.
NextFit is built for growth with a removable infant insert and a six-position headrest. As the headrest is raised, the shoulder strap position also raises and widens to accommodate growing children without re-threading. The harness also features a one-pull tightener and removable, machine-washable shoulder pads.
• NextFit has a steel-reinforced frame and is lined with EPS energy-absorbing foam for superior side-impact protection.
• ReclineSure 9-position leveling system for an accurate fit in a wider range of vehicles
• Dual RideRight bubble level-indicators verify seat angle in both rear-facing and forward-facing modes
• Premium connectors and a SuperCinch tightener help achieve a secure installation with LATCH
• Integrated belt lock-offs for alternate installation with vehicle seat belt
• 6-position headrest and no-rethread harness with one-pull tightener
• Removable infant insert accommodates infants from 5-11 lbs
• Integrated slide path to reposition LATCH strap when converting from rear-facing to forward-facing
• Removable cup holder for use on either side of the seat
• Steel-reinforced frame with EPS energy-absorbing foam is side-impact tested for superior protection
Monday 2nd of March 2015
Thank you for doing this review!!!! I went to Buy Buy Baby and my heart was set on getting the new click tight from Britax. The only problem was, I didn't have $350. I looked around and saw this one. Of course I looked to see if you had done a review on it and sure enough, here it is! :) I bought it in the "intrigue" print and LOVE it!!! Installation was such a breeze! Thanks again for helping me choose the perfect baby gear for my little one :) .
Friday 20th of February 2015
Thank you for all your great reviews! I'm from Brazil and my first baby comes in June. I have decided to get the Peg Perego Book Pop Up Stroller however I still have some doubts about the car seat. As the stroller comes with a bassinet I don't think it's necessary to also get the car seat Primo Viaggio and I think that the Chicco NextFit is perfect. I'd like to ask your opinion on this! Do you think it's ok to use only the bassinet while my baby is new born when walking around with him and only have the Chicco NextFit as car seat, since it fits for new borns? Thanks a lot for your attention!
Monday 18th of August 2014
This Car seat is wonderful. It gives a great opportunity to parents to keep children rear facing for much longer than most of the brand plus it doesn't take a lot of space in the back of a car. I was able to install it behind the drivers seat in compact Toyota Corolla. It is easy to use and easy to clean. I really love it!
Thursday 9th of January 2014
I love watching the car seat review videos. Thank you! I'm wondering what your thoughts were about access to the child in this particular seat. While it has many appealing convenient features, it appears to have very high sides that would take some extra finesse with the in/out of the car. I'm in a small community where I would have to order blind online before seeing in person. This is my only concern about this seat that otherwise looks quite right!