The highly anticipated Chicco NextFit has officially launched. Following the popularity of its little sis, the KeyFit Infant Car Seat, the NextFit is stocked with innovative features to make it easy for parents to install correctly every time. This convertible car seat accommodates children 5 lbs up to 65 lbs (or 50″ – whichever comes first!).
We got our hands on one of these gems and let me tell you – we are impressed! After getting to know the NextFit, we wanted to show you this new convertible car seat up close and personal in a Baby Gizmo Video Review.
NextFit is built for growth with a removable infant insert and a six-position headrest. As the headrest is raised, the shoulder strap position also raises and widens to accommodate growing children without re-threading. The harness also features a one-pull tightener and removable, machine-washable shoulder pads.
• NextFit has a steel-reinforced frame and is lined with EPS energy-absorbing foam for superior side-impact protection.
• ReclineSure 9-position leveling system for an accurate fit in a wider range of vehicles
• Dual RideRight bubble level-indicators verify seat angle in both rear-facing and forward-facing modes
• Premium connectors and a SuperCinch tightener help achieve a secure installation with LATCH
• Integrated belt lock-offs for alternate installation with vehicle seat belt
• 6-position headrest and no-rethread harness with one-pull tightener
• Removable infant insert accommodates infants from 5-11 lbs
• Integrated slide path to reposition LATCH strap when converting from rear-facing to forward-facing
• Removable cup holder for use on either side of the seat
• Steel-reinforced frame with EPS energy-absorbing foam is side-impact tested for superior protection