Congrats to winners –
Entry #1124 – Kristen T.
Entry #1211 – Erica H.
It’s day 2 of Child Passenger Safety Week and today is all about the car seat chest clip. That’s right, that big closure that is usually the last thing that you do when you put your child in the seat. It seems like a no-brainer but many people don’t know that there is a right and a wrong place to put that chest clip. As a matter of fact, there is only one right place for that chest clip and that is AT THE ARM PIT LEVEL. The chest clip should always be on the child’s chest at the arm pit level.
Since many parents are positioning those chest clips in the wrong place, we are going to help spread the word with a contest/giveaway and photos today. Yes, we want full participation with this giveaway! We want everyone to take a photo of their child in their car seat with the chest clip at arm pit level and then share it. Above is a photo we took but you do not have to add text directly on the photo like we did. (You can explain the photo in your description depending on where you post it. See rules below.)
(UPDATE: Here is a video we just filmed today with how I get my toddlers and kids to put the chest clip in the proper position)
WHAT IS UP FOR GRABS:
TWO lucky participants will win a Britax G3 Convertible Car Seat of their choice. This giveaway is open to US residents only!
1) Take a photo of your child in a car seat with the chest clip at the proper arm pit level position.
2) Share the photo on your Facebook Page and let your friends know where the safest postion for the chest clip is. Tag The Baby Gizmo Company (put @The Baby Gizmo Company) in your Facebook post so that we know you did it.
3) Instagram the photo (the one you took for Facebook or a new one!) and “This is the correct place for the car seat chest clip thanks to @BabyGizmoGuru” in the description. (Here is a tutorial on how to use Instagram: Instagram Tutorial)
4) “PIN” our Baby Gizmo photo (above) of the correct chest clip position on one of your Pinterest boards and put “This is the correct place for the car seat chest clip thanks to @BabyGizmo ” in the pin description. (You can “pin” the photo by hitting the “Pin It” button at the top of this post OR grabbing the URL of this blog post and pinning directly on the Pinterest site OR you can go to Baby Gizmo’s Pinterest Page and just re-pin the photo there.)
5) Follow the directions on the Rafflecopter widget below to make sure you are entered and for more entry opportunities!
* Today’s Giveaway STARTS now and ends TONIGHT Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 11:59pm EST. US residents only. Make sure you are actually doing the entry methods because we check. If you don’t do the actual entry – it doesn’t count! You won’t win. We’ll both be sad.
a Rafflecopter giveaway