Congrats to our winners –
Entry #645 – Kristen M.
Entry #279 Fallon G.
It’s Day 3 of Child Passenger Safety Week and it is all about the forward-facing 5-point harness position today. In case you didn’t already know, there is a specific slot that the harness should be with a forward-facing child that is different than a rear-facing child. When your child is forward-facing (and this *should* be after the child is AT LEAST 2 years old!), the top part of the harness should be threaded through the slots that are at or above the child’s shoulders. Never below!!
Forward-facing = AT OR ABOVE THE SHOULDERS
The correct shoulder harness height is something that many parents do not know is very important in car seat safety. Since many parents are positioning the harnesses in a forward-facing seat incorrectly, we are going to help spread the word with another contest/giveaway and photos today. This is another full participation giveaway! We want everyone (with a forward-facing child) to take a photo of their child in their car seat with the harness at or above the shoulders. Above is a photo we took but you do not have to add text directly on the photo like we did. (You can explain the photo in your description depending on where you post it. See rules below.) Don’t worry if you don’t have a forward-facing child, we have other entry methods today!
WHAT IS UP FOR GRABS:
TWO lucky participants will win a Britax G3 Convertible Car Seat of their choice. This giveaway is open to US residents only! (Yep, we want to get as many of these fabulous bad boys in parent’s hands that we can this week!)
*First, don’t freak out if you don’t have a forward-facing child! There are still entry options today without a photo! Second, the 1-6 entry methods are only some of the entry methods explained more. All entry methods need to be completed and marked off on the Rafflecopter entry form at the bottom for you to actually be entered to win!
1) Post a blog comment by telling us the proper position for the harness in a forward-facing car seat.
2) Take a photo of your forward-facing child in a car seat with the harness AT OR ABOVE the child’s shoulders.
3) Share the photo on your Facebook Page and let your friends know where the safest postion for the forward-facing harness is. Tag The Baby Gizmo Company (put @The Baby Gizmo Company) in your Facebook post so that we know you did it.
4) Instagram the photo (the one you took for Facebook or a new one!) and “ @BabyGizmoGuru reminded me that the harness in a forward-facing car seat should be AT OR ABOVE the child’s shoulders” in the description. (Here is a tutorial on how to use Instagram: Instagram Tutorial)
5) “PIN” our Baby Gizmo photo (above) of the correct forward-facing harness position on one of your Pinterest boards and put “BabyGizmo.com reminded me that the harness in a forward-facing car seat should be AT OR ABOVE the child’s shoulders” in the pin description. (You can “pin” the photo by hitting the “Pin It” button at the top of this post OR grabbing the URL of this blog post and pinning directly on the Pinterest site OR you can go to Baby Gizmo’s Pinterest Page and just re-pin the photo there.)
6) Follow the directions on the Rafflecopter widget below to make sure you are entered and for more entry opportunities for those parents who do not have a forward-facing child yet!
* Today’s Giveaway STARTS now and ends TONIGHT Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 11:59pm EST. US residents only. Make sure you are actually doing the entry methods because we check. If you don’t do the actual entry – it doesn’t count! You won’t win. We’ll both be sad.