Organic skincare products isn’t just for hippies and it’s a trend that is growing for a very good reason. Here is why: Your skin is absorbent. Pain medication, nicotine, and even birth control can be administered through the skin, which means that so can the chemicals found in common skincare products. It’s definitely something to think about next time you soap up your baby, or lather him in sunscreen.
That’s why Dolphin Organics is a brand I have come to know and love.
I am a huge fan of Dolphin Organics for a variety of reasons:
- All their products are 100% natural and organic. Many companies claim to be natural and organic, but actually have several artificial ingredients on their labels. Dolphin Organics labels are clear and easy to read, and there are NO man-made products in their products.
- Dolphin Organics products are completely fragrance-free. Many “natural” baby products are scented, which always irritates me because I want my baby to smell like a baby, not like a bottle of fake-baby smelling shampoo.
- Their products are hypoallergenic. Both of my kids have sensitive skin and my oldest suffers from eczema. I know that Dolphin Organics won’t irritate her skin and leave it feeling even more itchy.
Well, I’m excited to tell you all that Dolphin Organics is expanding their line of baby products to include a sunscreen! I had the chance to have a sneak peak at the new Dolphin Organics sunscreen last weekend and I was totally impressed. Let me give you the run down:
- The new Dolphin Organics sunscreen is rated 1 by the Environmental Working Group, which is the highest and best rate the company gives. (Baby Gizmo gave you our top picks for sunscreen earlier this summer, which were based off of the EWG sunscreen rating report).
- The sunscreen is a broad-spectrum sun protectant that is mineral based and includes zinc oxide.
- The new Dolphin Organics sunscreen has a light texture, goes on smoothly, and is easily absorbed by the skin. I have a few highly rated mineral sunscreens that have the consistency of toothpaste, and either leave my baby’s skin blue or just flake off. This product goes on easily and feels just like applying baby lotion. Yay!
- The Dolphin Organics sunscreen isn’t available for purchase yet, but it is expected to be released in October 2007. You know that Baby Gizmo will keep you up to date on its release though. We’re good like that.
I cannot wait to include this new sunscreen in my arsenal of Dolphin Organics products. October cannot come soon enough!