I didn’t buy a bouncer with my first daughter because the swing that I paid over a hundred dollars for didn’t work out. But when my second daughter was born, and I learned that she did like the swing and could stand to sit there and find “joy” in the mobile and the gentle swinging motion, I began to look into buying a bouncer.
Initially, I was interested in the Fisher Price-My Little Lamb Infant Seat because it matched our swing. But because I’m cheap and didn’t want to pay full price for a seat or bouncer, I began looking for great second-hand options. I came across the Precious Planets Happy Giraffe Bouncer early in my search.
Some of the things that attracted me to this bouncer were:
- The adorable, colorful design. This bouncer features bright graphics, zoo animals, and a soft fabric.
- The toy/activity bar features toys that can’t be pulled off. The bar can easily be removed when necessary.
- It holds children up to 25 pounds.
- It offers a gender-neutral design that could be great for boy or girl children.
In the three months that I’ve had this bouncer, here are some of the things that I’ve come to love:
- Its three-point restraint and non-skid feet keep my baby safely in place.
- The calming vibrations aren’t noisy and actually put my baby to sleep.
- My five month old has no problem pulling down on the lion to initiate music.
- The safety harness keeps my baby in place.
- My toddler likes using this chair as a sitting chair.
As a note, the chair takes a D battery that’s not included with the bouncer. The toy/activity bar comes with three replaceable button cell batteries.
So overall, I like this chair a lot, and would definitely recommend it to other parents. However, to new parents out there, I would say that although some babies do like bouncer seats and swings, some do not. So, before spending the money, try one out with your child first.