How about adding a tropical spin to your kids chicken nuggets? I have never met a kid that doesn’t love chicken nuggets. They are a great source of protein and easy to make a win-win for everyone! Why not add a tropical spin and add mango and coconut to the breading?!
I added dehydrated mangos and unsweetened coconut to the breading and I instantly transformed these nuggets into something out of this world. The mangos and the coconuts add a nice natural sweetness to the nuggets. If your kids have never tasted coconuts or mangos this is a great easy way to introduce them to different ingredients.
You can try adding mangos and pineapples to the breading for another recipe. Trader Joe’s supermarket has a nice selection of dehydrated fruits so you can try a variety of bread crumb recipes. Hope you enjoy!
Mango Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dehydrated unsweetened mango ground (Trader Joes)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 egg beaten
- Coat chicken in egg wash.
- Combine bread crumbs, mango and coconut.
- Coat chicken in bread crumb mixture.
- Bake on baking sheet in oven 350 degrees for 15 minutes.