If you have a toddler, you know they would eat chicken tenders everyday if they could. I try to come up with different types of healthy chicken recipes to keep it fun and interesting for kiddies and mommy! I love making a large quantity of them and freezing them for later meals.
PANKO BREAD CRUMBS COMPLETE THIS RECIPE
If you don’t know what Panko bread crumbs are you are really missing out. They are japanese bread crumbs that are larger than the average bread crumb which gives them amazing crunch factor even when baked.
EASY WEEKNIGHT FAMILY DINNER
Short on time during the week when you are trying to get dinner on the table? Have some little ones who are a bit picky and you can’t bring yourself to make an extravagant meal (if you actually had the time!) only for the kids not to touch it?
These parmesan chicken tenders are the answer! They are easy and kids love them!
Homemade chicken tenders are easy to make and are so much better for kids than the frozen or fast food variety. After making this easy and healthy chicken tender recipe this will be your go-to meal instead of the frozen or fast food type.
MORE QUICK FAMILY FRIENDLY DINNER IDEAS
- Mac & Cheese Tortellini
- Air Fryer Cheeseburger Eggrolls
- Chili Recipes
- Bagel Pizzas
- 14 Delicious Hot Dog Recipes
I blend panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and basil and coated the chicken and baked them to crunchy perfection in 15 minutes. I bake the chicken tenders on top of a cooling rack then place the cooling rack on top of a baking sheet pan. Spray the chicken tenders with non-stick spray so they brown nicely.
By cooking the tenders this way you don’t have to flip them and they come out super crunchy on both sides. You can add a variety of seasoning to the breadcrumbs such as garlic powder and chives, chili powder (if your little ones don’t mind a little kick) or ginger and garlic powder for an asian twist.
1 lb Chicken breast cut into strips
1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon of basil
1 egg beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs and basil together in a bowl.
3. Dip Chicken strips in beaten egg then coat with seasoned panko breadcrumbs.
4. Lay chicken strips on ccoling rack on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray bake for 15 minutes.
Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs and basil together in a bowl.
- Dip Chicken strips in beaten egg then coat with seasoned panko breadcrumbs.
- Lay chicken strips on ccoling rack on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray bake for 15 minutes.