Protein pancakes are a delicious way to start your morning and fuel up for your day. If you are watching what you eat, maybe even cutting back on carbs and sugars, protein pancakes are a wonderful, hearty breakfast that fills that need for a sweet, comforting (sugary) breakfast.
These also make a great addition to your kids’ morning meals or afternoon snack! They’ll never know that their meal is packed with protein and nutritious ingredients.
The recipe is super quick and easy and only requires a few kitchen staples. Your family will gobble these up and come running back for more!
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1-2 scoop protein powder
- Optional: 1-2 Tbsp Flax Meal
- Blend the old-fashioned oats to the consistancy of flour. Put in cup and set aside.
- Blend eggs and cottage cheese until smooth
- Add in oat flour, protein powder and flax meal (if you choose) and blend until smooth batter forms.
- Pour over a hot griddle or into hot pan
- Flip when edges begin to firm up.
- Serve warm or take as a protein packed meal on the go!