Mother’s Day is coming up this weekend, and no doubt my husband will be very sweet and get gifts “from the children” and start the Mother’s Day journal tradition that Baby Gizmo editor Gretchen told us about (brilliant idea! Check it out if you haven’t already!) but honestly, what I want, what I really, really, really want is something money can’t buy. It’s a day of peace from my small children. I have a 3.5 year old and a 1.5 year old and boy, do things get tricky.
So, here are some things I truly want for Mother’s Day, and that I’m sure many mothers
dream hope and pray their young children might give them. One day….
1. To not have anyone in the bathroom when I go except ME. Yes, me alone. Dear children, you know how you think passing bodily fluids = an entertainment show with mama’s full attention? It’s not.
2. To clean no-one else’s butt except my own. One day, I hope to worry about my own hygiene issues and no-one else’s.
3. To have a crying/whining/fighting with your sibling/meltdown free day. Is this ever possible?
4. To sleep for 8 hours by myself. Alone. In silence. Are you all going to Bermuda for Mother’s Day by any chance?
5. For you to serve yourself food and snacks. In fact, the words”Mama, I’m hungry” are BARRED this Sunday.
6. To not have to clean up toys or dishes. Have you seen my gold lamp lying around? I need to give it a rub, apparently.
What gifts would you like from your kids this Mother’s Day?