The lillebaby EveryWear Sport carrier is a versatile and ergonomically designed child carrier that grows with your child. Featuring five carrying positions, this is an all-in-one carrier for your newborn through toddler.
We love the versatility of this carrier! While some baby carriers have only a few ways to carry your child and are usually missing the front outward facing position, the EveryWear Sport seems to cover everything! The five different positions are:
- Cradle: With the sold separately infant cradle insert, the cradle carry position supports baby’s back and neck through the first 3 months.
- Front inward facing: This popular position for young babies can be used with a baby 7 to 25 lbs. The adjustable seat and removable neck support is great for carrying babies as small as 7 lbs. The included 3 point harness is required for use with babies under 15 lbs.
- Front outward facing: Once your baby is able to support their head to about 25 lbs, you can have your child face outward.
- Hip Carrier: As your baby grows (15-42 lbs), you can give your child a ride on your hip with this carrier position. Note: Although we love the high weight limit, our 40 lb child is walking – not riding on our hip!
- Back Carrier: When your child is able to sit independently (6+ months) to 42 lbs, you can give him a ride and support him on your back with this position.
The EveryWear is made of a lightweight mesh fabric without any fill for maximum breathability. This mesh keeps both baby and mom cool so it is great for summer and year-round warm climates! Note: The shoulder and waist straps are not made of mesh so they aren’t going to be as breathable.
The carrier is lightweight and we found that it doesn’t have the extra weight and added bulk that some carriers do. Plus, the compact size allows us to store it in our large diaper bag or our stroller basket so that we always have it when we are out and about. We love the large zipper pocket on front for our keys, cell phone or other mom/baby essentials. We are even able to fit a diaper in the pocket. And don’t forget that the carrier sports a removable, mesh hood to cover baby when sleeping or for sun protection.
So, we know it’s versatile and made of great breathable fabric which is great for the summer, but how is it to wear, you ask? It is a carrier and all, so that is the most important feature! We found the Lillebaby EveryWear Sport Carrier to be quite comfortable to wear with baby aboard. Now, like all carriers, the heavier the baby, the more weight you will feel. But the great thing about the EveryWear is that the weight of the baby is distributed well and mostly concentrated on your hips and not your back. We found this to be more comfortable than carriers that put all the weight on our shoulders and back. We found that the EveryWear is the most comfortable with babies from 7 lbs to 20 lbs but we could still carry heavier babies easily. We love that the wide waist band supports your back and fits waist sizes 24 – 47” so both mom and dad can share baby carrying duty.
Before putting our little testers in the carrier, we did read through the manual twice to make sure we knew what we were doing. It’s not hard to load and unload your child into this carrier, but like most carriers, it does take a bit of practice and patience to figure out all the carry options. It’s not rocket science but not super easy either. Once we used the carrier a few times though, we felt like we were experts in the front loading and hip carrier positions. It’s important to note that when baby is in a front carrier position, there is a buckle that needs to be latched behind mom’s back (between the shoulder blades) that we found was a little difficult to do sometimes. Maybe it matters how flexible mom’s arms are? Also, we always needed assistance when putting our child in the back carrying position. This was not a position that we could master on our own.
This versatile carrier retails for $99 and comes in a two-toned graphite color. Overall, we found the EveryWear Sport easy to use once we got the hang of it, great for warmer climates, comfortable to wear, very versatile with its five carrying positions and reasonably priced.
*Thanks to Scandinavian Child for sending us the EveryWear Sport for us to review!*