From not buying essential items at the grocery store to forgetting your child’s age (yes, this happens), you can blame a lot on mommy brain. But, if I’m being perfectly honest, I must say that some things can’t as easily be blamed on mommy brain.
Here’s my list of 8 things that you can, but can’t really, blame on mommy brain:
- Not filing your taxes for 10 years
- Missing a full day of work. Okay, maybe half a day is OK, but a full day of work? Mmmm. Not so much.
- Forgetting for the fifth time that peanuts causes your mother-in-law to break out in hives
- Showing up at parent/teacher conference wearing nothing but a black thong Why black? Oh, just because it shows intent. Real intent.
- Driving at 80 miles per hour in a 40 mile lane
- Forgetting your husband’s birthday over two years in a row. Everyone gets a free pass on the first forgotten birthday (should it ever happen), but by the second birthday it is kind of hard to chalk it up to mommy brain that happens to “act up” on your spouse’s birthday.
- Not paying your mortgage. Ever.
- Entering “Ryan Goseling” as your spouse on a job application when the names “Ryan” and “Goseling” are not in your spouse’s name. At all.
Have something “unconventional” that you’ve blamed on mommy brain? And did it work? Confess below.