I will tell you right now that spending money on a diaper bag was far down on my list of priorities when I had my first baby. Very far down. Between the stroller, car seat, furniture, and other “big” items, I didn’t really envision myself needing a fancy diaper bag too. That is, until I actually put my cheap diaper bag to use. It was a nightmare. There weren’t enough pockets, it was hard to see what was inside the bag, and worst of all: It was really, really, ugly. I know, I know, it’s shallow. But here’s the thing: Moms make a ton of fashion sacrifices in the name of functionality, and for a long time lugging around an ugly diaper bag was one of them. But not anymore.
Check out my new Timi and Leslie Marilyn Bebe Diaper Bag:
I am head over heels in love with it. I literally squealed with delight when I opened the box. It has a totally sophisticated design, is made from PVC free faux leather, and it features custom hardware in an antique brass finish. I love the design of this bag so much that I cannot wait for my kids to get out of diapers so I can use it for my own personal use. I’m thinking it might double as a stylish overnight bag or laptop purse. I’ve got big plans for this baby that have nothing to do with diapers.
Until my diaper-free days are in sight, I have no problem toting this baby around town. By now, you can probably tell that the look of the bag is undeniable stylish. The Timi and Leslie Marilyn Bebe Diaper Bag isn’t a one-trick pony though. It’s totally functional. Here is a list of some of its features and accessories:
- • A cross body, adjustable detachable strap so you can wear it hands free whenever you need to. Because any mother knows you need all the hands you’ve got.
• A specially designed changing pad with a front mesh pocket where you can store your diapers, wipes and creams when you need to make a quick diaper change trip. Mesh is key.
• A stylish clutch that you can use as your purse with interior credit card slots and an inside zipper pocket. I love to carry the clutch for a night out with the girls.
• An insulated bottle tote to keep your baby’s bottle warm or cool.
• Matching stroller straps so you can hang your bebe bag from your stroller. If you have yet to discover the magic of stroller straps- you are totally missing out.
• Dirty clothes sac to keep your wet or dirty clothes contained. SO much better than plastic baggies.
• Water resistant, light colored lining so you can easily see everything in your bag.
• Four exterior pockets. Four!
• Six interior organizational pockets. Six!
• Inside key fob – never lose your keys inside your dark and dreary bag again!
I know what you are all thinking: “The Timi and Leslie Marilyn Bebe Diaper Bag must be huge and bulky! How can it have so many compartments and accessories without overwhelming my body? This seems too good to be true!”
It is good and it is TRUE! It’s not bulky in the slightest. The Marilyn Bebe Diaper Bag measures 14″H x 17″ W and 5″ D. The handle drops 10.5″. It’s fits perfectly under my arm and it doesn’t feel awkward on my shoulder. I can’t believe how much I fit inside the Marilyn bag without it weighing me down. Here is what is in my bag right now:
- Six diapers
- A Costco pack of baby wipes (about 1/4 empty).
- A spare outfit and a pair of shoes for my one year old.
- A sweater for my three year old.
- A Pura Kiki aluminum bottle filled with water.
- A snack trap and three pouches of Ella’s Organics Baby Food.
- All the baby’s toiletries: A small tube of Bordeaux’s Butt Paste, a bottle of infant tylenol, a bottle of Arbonne ABC Sunscreen, and a thermometer.
- My wallet, some touch up powder, lipgloss, and chapstick.
- A Princess cell phone, small Oball, Sophie the Giraffe, Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes toy, and a Barbie (for my 3 year old, of course).
- Miscellaneous items like a few pens, my keys, and a small notepad.
And there is still room for more! I don’t even know what else to put in it!
Moms: It’s time to ditch that cheap, dysfunctional diaper bag you’ve been toting around. You don’t have to sacrifice your sense of fashion to the gods of motherhood any longer. The Timi and Leslie Marilyn Diaper Bag is an accessory that will make sure you stride with your stroller in style and will serve you well past your diapering years.