The new and improved VTech Safe & Sound video monitor has many great features that keep parent in tune with their baby’s every move.
WHAT I LIKE:
- Works on a rechargeable battery
- 2.8 Color LCD Screen to allow you to actually see the baby.
- Great clear picture during the day. Night vision is okay.
- Talk-back – Allows you to talk to your baby or toddler through the nursery camera.
- Pan/Tilt – Scans 270 degrees around the room and 124 degrees up and down to really see all the action
- 2x Zoom – This is standard on baby monitors.
- Good handheld size about the size of a bulky iPhone
- Temperature Sensor and alarm to monitor temperature of the nursery.
- Great range! VTech advertises a 1000 ft range- all we know is that we never lose the signal in our large, two-storey house.
- Monitors up to 4 cameras at a time. (Only one camera comes with the monitor – the others would be purchased separately.)
- Volume for the talk back feature.
- Temperature sensor to monitor the temp in the room.
- Looks sleek and modern.
- Comes with a wall mount feature.
- Has rubber feet to keep it from sliding.
WHAT CAN BE IMPROVED:
- The nursery camera has to be plugged in to work. I would love to see a rechargeable battery included for those times when an outlet isn’t convenient for where the parent would like to place the camera.
- While the night vision works and you can see the baby, it could always be better.
- A lullaby option would be a great addition.
Overall, I think the VTech Safe and Sound monitor is a great option for a baby video monitor. It retails for $179, which is very reasonable for a monitor with all these features.
*Disclosure: We agreed to write our opinions about the VTech Safe and Sound Video monitor in conjunction with a Lunchbox, LP campaign on behalf of VTech. As always, all our thoughts, opinions and statements are our own.