I don’t know about you, but getting ready in the morning with a busy toddler is quite the challenge to say the least. I savor the weekends when my husband is home from work when I can take a shower longer than 2 minutes and actually get to fix my hair. As a mom, we no longer have unlimited bathroom and getting ready time. Today I wanted to share 10 beauty products and routines that will help you get ready faster every morning while still looking your best!
1. Give your child a bath while you get ready. Honestly, this is the tip that works the best for me. My son loves baths, and I think a lot of children do. Stick your kid in the bath with some bath toys (in the same bathroom right next to you, of course!!) while you put on your make up and do your hair. It’s a really easy way to get a good 15 minutes to get yourself ready while your child is totally happy.
2. BB Cream. Have you all heard of the miracle that is BB Cream? You can find BB Creams at Target or your grocery store or if you want to spend more, your local department store or make up counter. This stuff is genius. It is a foundation, a powder, SPF, and so much more all rolled into one. It gives you a nice sheer and natural coverage while eliminating fine lines and wrinkles, too. It’s really easy and simple to apply and you’ll look great wearing just this stuff alone. It can save you time in the morning since you don’t have to use other products with it.
3. Compromise. The cold hard truth is as a mother, we have to compromise a lot. Sometimes this means our getting ready time. Since becoming a mother, compromise while getting ready in the morning for me has meant no eye make up. I used to do it all. The eye shadow shading, the eyeliner, the mascara, the works. I just don’t have time for it anymore. Instead, I focus on the things I think I “need” and spend the little time I have on those. Save the getting completely dolled up looks for date nights.
4. Color Outlast Lipstick. Pretty much every drug store brand carries some form of a color outlast lipstick now. Genius. Simply choose your favorite shade, apply ONE TIME in the morning, and you’re set all day long. This not only saves you time in the morning, it saves you time and keeps you looking good all day long. You can pick one of these up for a relatively cheap price and they last a long while!
5. Cut down your prep time. An easy way to save you time in the morning is to cut down the amount of time it takes you to get everything organized and in front of you. I recommend getting a great make up case that can live on your bathroom counter. Put everything you need to get ready inside so everything is an arms distance away. Having to hunt around your house for your lipstick is only going to add more time on to your daily routine.
6. Concealer. Some days don’t allot for unlimited getting ready time. Concealer is a great way to hide any blemishes quickly and easily. If you don’t have enough time for a full face of make up (who does, really?) use a simple concealer stick on any problem areas and you’re looking good as new in 2 minutes flat.
7. Stay ahead of the game. Make your morning routine easier by choosing your outfits the day before for yourself and your child. Lay out what you’re going to wear the night before so you don’t spend any time digging through closets in the morning.
8. Focus on one thing. If you have even less time than normal to get ready, focus on one thing. What’s the most important that day? If it’s your hair, go all natural on the make up and spend your time doing a great hair style. Otherwise you may decide a cute ponytail or high bun is fine and play up your lips with a daring shade or your eyes with a fun new eyeshadow. Focus on one thing that will really pop and that one great thing will draw all the attention.
9. Go semi permanent. For someone who has a high budget and wants to semi permanently reduce getting ready time, things like fake eyelashes or hair extensions may be fitting. These things aren’t for everyone, but may save others a good amount of time in the bathroom each morning!
10. Dry shampoo. Yes, please! Don’t have time to take a shower every morning because your little one woke up at the crack of dawn and is demanding your full attention? Not a problem thanks to dry shampoo. This stuff is so simple and easy to use, all you have to do is put it on your hair and brush it for an instantly clean look sans water.
Be accepting and go easy on yourself. As a mother, I know first hand that we have it rough when it comes to getting ready each day. We’re trying to straighten our hair while our child is pulling on our clothes and screaming. We were hoping that our little one would sleep in so we could finally take a shower and get a few extra minutes alone in front of the mirror. It just doesn’t always happen, and that’s okay. You are beautiful regardless if you got 5 minutes or 2 hours in the bathroom. Know that.
Did I skip a great beauty product or morning routine method that you swear by? Leave us a comment and share!