We just returned from a whirlwind trip to Disney World to cover the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. My family and I had a fabulous time and we would highly recommend going if you have a chance.
Since we just spent 3 days at Disney World, we will have a few posts all about our magical experience over the next week or so. Today we are focusing on Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. We have some tips to make the experience more enjoyable with kids and since not everyone can go to Disney World during Christmas, we made a video of the highlights of the Once Upon a Christmas Parade to give you a glimpse of what it is like.
Our Top Tips for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party:
(Each year the event is just a bit different but you could probably follow these tips every year.)
- Purchase your tickets early for a discount.
- Try to go on a Tuesday or Thursday night when it is less crowded.
- Even though the event doesn’t start until 7pm, get to the park at 4pm to get the most out of your ticket.
- Bring noise cancelling headphone for kids who are afraid of the fireworks. We used the Em’s for Kids EarMuffs and LOVE them! You can purchase them HERE.
- Look out for the complimentary cookies and hot cocoa at various locations throughout the park BUT be careful of the temperature of the hot cocoa for the kids.
- If your kids will last, skip the first parade and ride the rides. We did about 8 rides with little to no wait and the kids loved it.
- Watch the 2nd parade from Frontierland where it is usually less crowded. IF you MUST see the “snow” (we didn’t since we see our fill in Chicago in the winter!), try to get a seat on Main Street early but expect a huge crowd.
- Look out for random dance parties. We saw one in Tomorrowland with Goofy and another one in Frontierland right before the parade with Jesse from Toy Story.
- Since it can be extra crowded and you plan to bring your own stroller, a tandem stroller will be a better choice than a side-by-side.
- Have fun, be patient with the crowds and take in the entire Disney magical Christmas experience
Here are some photos from our Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party visit:
Once Upon a Christmas Parade Photos:
Disclosure: A huge thank you to Disney for providing us with two complimentary admission tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.