Chocolate and sea salt. The perfect pairing in my world.
There’s something about the sweet and salty combination that can easily fill any craving I have, so, although not a guilt-free treat, this recipe for Maldron Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies is my personal favorite.
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt (I’ve moved away from using table salt, here’s some reasons why)
- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Maldron salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and 1 teaspoon fine sea salt; set aside.
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs. Blend well.
- Half cup at a time, pour in your dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add mini chocolate chips (this is my preference as I feel like the mini chips better distribute the chocolate flavor into each bite) and fold in with a spatula.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and pour Maldron salt onto a small plate.
- Begin rolling your cookie dough into balls and press each ball into the Maldron salt on one side.
- Place onto cookie sheet, salt side up and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Allow your cookies to cool, briefly on the sheet and then on a wire rack or serving plate. Then, enjoy!
I hope you love the sweet and salty mix as much as I do!