If your toddler is anything like mine, he or she loves to read. I’m always looking for new ideas of books to read to my son so today I wanted to share my top ten toddler books with you! Read and enjoy!
1. Night-Night, Little Pookie by Sandra Boynton. This is my son’s all-time favorite book. It rhymes, it’s adorable, and we have the whole thing memorized. The pictures are equally cute and it’s sure to be a family favorite. Sandra Boynton has four other Little Pookie books that are all amazing, too! I reccommend checking them all out!
2. One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss. This is obviously a classic. Every child should have some Dr. Seuss books on hand and this is sure to be a favorite. Bonus because it will teach some colors and counting.
3. Wombat Stew by Marcia Vaughan. This is a super cute book about a dingo intent on making womabt stew who recieves funny cooking suggestions from other animals. It was a favorite of my husbands’ and his family when he was little.
4. The George and Martha Books by James Marshall. James Marshall has always been a favorite of mine and the George and Martha books are so funny. Each story is short and sweet so they will definitely hold your toddlers attention span.
5. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. This book is so bright and colorful, your toddler will have loads of fun flipping through each page.
6. Where’s Spot by Eric Hill. The Spot books are so cute. What kid doesn’t love a book where an adorable dog is the star?!
7. My First Word Board Book. There are several of these books by different authors but they are amazing. My son loves pointing out each item and having me tell him what each thing is. Now that he is a little older he can repeat some of the words back to me. These are great learning books!
8. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin. This is a great book for children because it repeats some of the same phrases over and over, it’s easy for little toddlers to understand and remember.
9. There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly by Simms Taback. I have always found this book hilarious. It’s so fun for kids and I love that the story keeps expanding and expanding.
So now that I’ve shared my top ten toddler book choices, please leave us a comment below and tell us your child’s favorite books so we can check them out!