The inside glass of your oven door can get dirty and greasy from cooking, baking and roasting. If you want to restore the shine and clarity of your oven glass, you will need some basic tools and ingredients that you probably already have at home.
How to Clean Inside Glass on Oven Door VIDEO
Follow these steps to clean inside glass on oven door:
- Make sure the oven is off and cool before you start cleaning. You don’t want to burn yourself or damage the glass with hot temperatures.
- Remove the oven door if possible. This will make it easier to access the inside glass and the space between the two panes of glass. Watch our video on how easy it is to remove your oven door. NOTE: You can absolutely clean the glass on your oven door WITHOUT removing it.
- It’s time to remove a few screws and start to take apart your oven door. Since it’s SO much easy to watch that being done – we have a video just for you –> How to Clean Inside Glass on Oven Door.
- Once you are partially separated your oven door, vacuum the crumbs and dust from the space between the glass panes. Use a vacuum with a crevice attachment to suck out any debris that may have accumulated in the gap.
- You can use our old school way of cleaning the glass with a mix of baking soda, water and dish soap like we used in the Cleaning a Stovetop video but we are doing something even easier this time. We are just using Dawn Powerwash and it works GREAT!
- Spray it evenly and generously over the glass, covering all the stains and spots. Let it sit for just a few minutes to loosen the baked-on grime.
- Wipe the glass and surrounding area with a damp cloth or sponge. Use a non-abrasive sponge or scour pad to gently scrub away any stubborn residue. You can also use a plastic scraper or an old credit card to scrape off any hard-to-remove bits without scratching the glass.
- Spray vinegar on the glass and wipe it clean. Vinegar is a natural cleaner that can dissolve grease and dirt and leave your glass sparkling. Spray some distilled white vinegar on the glass and wipe it with a clean cloth or paper towel until it’s dry and shiny.
- Put the oven door back together and reattach the oven door if you removed it. Follow your oven manual’s instructions to put back the door securely and safely.
You have successfully cleaned inside glass on oven door! Enjoy your clear view of your delicious dishes as they cook in your oven.