Is there anyone who couldn’t benefit from some more organization around the house? If so, I’d love to meet them… then hire them to help me organize my own home. Until that day, I will continue to utilize various simple hacks to organize my house.
You might know a hack as using one product for another purpose. Or perhaps a hack to you is simplifying your life with knowledge. Whatever a hack is to you, we hope you find these ones especially helpful when organizing different rooms in your house!
- Use clear shoe organizers inside your pantry to hold snacks for the kids (and you, too). Eliminate the bulky boxes!
- If possible, store your baking pans and sheets vertically. It utilizes the space much better.
- Plastic storage containers – how do they always manage to become the biggest headache in a kitchen? First, go through your collection and discard any pieces that don’t have a match. Then, if they’re not in great shape, consider purchasing a coordinating set. Then, use a piece of plywood to divide your drawer so that containers are on one side and lids on the other.
Bedroom / Closet
- Use shoeboxes and lids as dividers in your drawers.
- Use soda tabs on your hangers – double your storage on the same hanger!
- Fold your sheets and store inside one of the pillowcases – you’ll never have to search for a matching sheet set again.
- Mount PVC pipe sections to a wall in your garage to hold brooms, rakes, shovels, or other large garden tools.
- If your garage is overflowing with bikes, cars, scooters, and skateboards, consider creating designated parking spots for them. Simply use painter’s tape on the floor to create the perfect sized storage spot.
- Where is that Philip’s head screwdriver when you need it!? With this simple elastic tool holder, you’ll never have to spend twenty minutes tracking down a tool ever again.
- Add a shower rod to hang caddies on for extra storage in the shower. Note- you can also do this for bath toys!
- Reuse your glass jars (like spaghetti sauce, pickles, salsa) to store cotton balls, q-tips, bobby pins, and more.
- If you are like me, you’re swimming in samples. Organize them so you’ll actually use them!
- Use clear glass cookie jars to store art supplies, like paint brushes, crayons, markers, chalk, stickers, or stamps.
- Use a storage ottoman for toys – they are typically deep enough to hold a lot of stuff! Plus, extra seating.
- If you’re slightly handy, consider DIYing these clear storage bags with drawstring closures. These are great for Barbie clothes, Duplo blocks, dress up accessories, instruments… you name it.