I am so excited to share this recipe with you all today! After you make this, you’ll be eating it by the handfuls. That’s exactly what I was doing when I made it. Grabbing handful after handful. I’m not usually a granola person but this recipe made me one. It is delicious, nutritious, and totally vegan.
Before you head to the store to get the ingredients, because trust me, you probably don’t have all of the ingredients in your cupboard, be prepared to spend a little bit of extra money. Also keep in mind though that this makes a TON of granola plus you’re going to have some of all of the ingreidents left over so you can make it time and time again without having to go to the store again. So without further adieu, here is an amazing recipe for vegan granola. Make it and love it.
6 cups quick- cooking oats
1/2 cup maple sugar (Trader Joe’s has it the cheapest)
3/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened cocounut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup of sliced almonds
1/2 cup safflower oil
1/3 cup real, pure maple syrup (Trader Joe’s is again the cheapest)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spread the oats on a rimed baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Immediately after removing from the oven, transfer the oats to a large mixing bowl and add the maple sugar, wheat germ, coconut, sunflower seeds, and almonds.
Stir to mix well, then add the oil, syrup, and vanilla. Mix until everything is moistened.
Spread half of the mixture on each of 2 rimed baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes. (Because of the amount of granola this makes, you will need to cook it on two pans to get it to cook evenly.)
Stir after 5 minutes to brown evenly.
Let the baked granola cool on the pans, then transfer it to a bowl and stir until crumbly.
Store it in an airtight container.
This makes 2 quarts of granola.
- 6 cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup maple sugar
- ¾ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup safflower oil
- ⅓ cup real pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Spread the oats on a rimmed baking pan and bake for 10 min
- Immediately after removing the pan from the oven, transfer the oats to a large mixing bowl and add the maple sugar, wheat germ, coconut, sunflower seeds, and almonds.
- Mix everything then add the oil, syrup, and vanilla.
- Mix until everything is moistened.
- Spread half of the mixture on each of 2 rimmed baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir after 5 min to brown evenly.
- Let the baked granola cool on the pans, then transfer in to a bowl and stir until crumbly.
- Store in an airtight container.