The dreaded growing out stage. We’ve all been there right? Whether you got an awful haircut you regret or are just over having a short pixie cut, growing out your hair can be tiresome. But the truth is, it doesn’t have to be. Read on for some tips that will help you look and feel beautiful while growing out your hair!
1. Commit to growing your hair. One of the biggest problems is simply getting bored with the “in between” length and cutting it again. If you want to grow your hair out, you’ve got to commit to it and have patience!
2. Don’t wash your hair every day. Washing your hair everyday really dries it out. It strips it of its natural oils and causes breakage, making it take even longer for your hair to grow out. You can easily train your hair to not need a wash every single day simply by pushing out your washings.
3. Treatments. Do conditioning and oil treatments on your hair once a week and always put a leave in conditioner on your hair.
4. Don’t trim too often. If split ends need a trim, trim half an inch off and that’s it.
5. Accessorize. Headbands, bobby pins, hair clips, there are so many cute accessories out there! Use whatever you prefer to push and pin back bangs or any other parts that are growing out.
6. Biotin. Many people say that taking a biotin vitamin a day will help your hair grow faster. It is also supposed to make your skin and nails better, too.
7. Find a stylist. Having a great stylist is your best secret weapon. A trained professional will be able to take you through the grow out process as painlessly as possible. They will be able to recommend styles and cuts that best suit you without ever taking off too much length.
8. Skip heat products. Try to cut back on using heat products like a hair dryer or straightener, and try to let your hair air dry instead. If you must use them, be sure to use a heat protectant spray.
9. Healthy diet. Did you know that eating leafy greens and nuts actually helps your hair grow faster? Eat a healthy diet to see hair improvements and growth!
10. Stop coloring it. If your hair tends to be damaged to begin with, stop coloring it, and please, oh please, don’t bleach it. The longer you can go without color treatments, the healthier your hair will be and the longer it will grow.
11. Wear a hat. If all else fails and you’re just having one of those terrible hair days, put a hat on and call it a day! A hat is always fashionable and will cover up even the worst bad hair day!
What are your tips for growing out a haircut? Leave us a comment and let us know!