Sometimes baby #3 gets the shaft. They don’t have a completed baby book, they wear pajamas all day, and all those cute milestone photos you took with your first don’t seem to happen. After all, they’re third in line and mama is busy with a capital B!
I’m letting go of the baby book guilt and embracing pajamas, but for my third little one born early this year I’m aiming to take lots and lots of photos. They’re quick, easy, and most of all, priceless! My favorite thing to do at night is flip through photos from the day, edit them a bit in A Color Story app, and then place an order for prints to display around the house and mail off to grandparents.
Lest you need more ideas to capture your baby’s sweetness, here are a few of my favorite shots, poses, and backgrounds to be sure to snap in those first few weeks!
- Bath time
- Snuggled in their car seat
- Asleep in mama’s arms
- Snuggled with daddy
- Belly button before and after their umbilical cord falls off
- Their favorite sleeping position
- Close up of toes
- Close up of fingers
- Smiling… if you can catch one!
- Being worn in a wrap or ring sling
- With siblings
- Just in a diaper
- Full body on a special blanket
- Getting their cheeks pinched
- Close up of facial features
- Any special birth marks
- Tummy time
- In a special outfit… this is my favorite way to send a quick “thank you” text when we receive a gift!
- Next to mom’s postpartum belly
- Anything and everything in black and white… so classic!
- Wrist and thigh rolls
- With their namesake, if they were named after a person or place