One thing that I absolutely love about the holidays is decorating. Well, sort of. I hate the cost that comes with decorating, especially when whatever you buy falls apart after one year (which most of that year is spent sitting in a box!). But I don’t mind spending a little extra to make it myself, and sometimes it is possible to create decorations out of things I have left over from other projects. And if it falls apart-well then I have no one to blame but myself…and it’s usually easily fixed.
I was looking all over the internet to find really cute, EASY, and totally do it yourself Thanksgiving wreaths. The main thing that came up was Etsy listings…and while they were adorable, again, I like to do things on my own. So I rounded up 5 super easy wreaths with tutorials for you to try at home! Enjoy!
1. Have a cornfield nearby? Or planning on going to a corn maze anytime soon? Make sure you grab a few corn husks and try out this SUPER easy wreath!
2. I made this “Thom the Turkey” wreath myself last year. Instead of yarn I used a pretty brown satin ribbon I found, and for the eyes and beak I used colored Styrofoam craft sheets I had on hand.
3. I love the rustic look of burlap and by adding some pretty felt roses and an easy yarn turkey, I thought this made the perfect Thanksgiving wreath. For me though, the letters are still a bit difficult to read so I personally would take a sharpie and add a thick outline to them.
4. How gorgeous is this?! It’s really cheap and it’s almost TOO simple. I love it. I love it so much, I think it’ll be on my door…and everyone else’s I know (Hello EASY Christmas gift!).
5. Now this one for me looks like it may be a bit challenging. Not because of the all the steps (really I’ve seen worse), but because of the wreath itself. She mentions that a normal wreath didn’t work right-so finding the perfect wreath would be the biggest deal if you chose to make this.
Which DIY Thanksgiving wreath will you be trying out this year? Leave us a comment below!