Did you know that October is officially National Vegetarian Awareness Month? And October 1st is National Vegetarian Day. Woo-hoo! Given the fact that I’ve been a vegetarian for 12 years and now a vegan for 2 years, I’m all about this day! Today I’m sharing five delicious, mouth watering vegetarian meals for you to try this month! Make one each week, whether you’re a vegetarian or not. Try out a Meatless Monday schedule and see just how easy it is!
1. Tuscan Bean Soup. I can’t think of many things that are more tasty or comforting than a big bowl of homemade soup. This Tuscan bean soup is easy to whip up and pairs nicely with fresh French bread! Nice and warm and perfect for a Fall night in October!
2. Spinach Frittata. Okay, how good does this look? Frittatas always sound fancy but the truth is that they’re pretty easy to make! They’re also delicious and healthy and I’m all about a meal I can cook and eat in the same vessel.
3. Black Bean Burgers. You don’t need to give up burgers or grilling if you give up meat. These delicious double black bean burgers with avocado cream prove that!
4. Roasted Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese. There’s nothing like a fancy grilled cheese. Talk about comfort. Creamy, packed full of goodness, and toasted bread: the best! This one is stuffed full of fresh tomatoes and basil!
5. Quinoa, Black Bean, and Corn Tacos. Your Taco Tuesdays will never be the same again. These babies are stuffed full of healthy and delicious good for you gems like quinoa, black beans, and corn! Try eating just one!
Are y0u a vegetarian? Do you ever do Meatless Mondays or make meat free meals for your family? What are some of your go to recipes? Leave us a comment and let us know!