I am so excited to be reviewing my favorite baby product with all of you today! The Bloom Alma Papa Crib is a compact, easily transportable and stylish crib that turns into a toddler bed.
Bloom was founded by four dads wanting to bring meaningful innovation & contemporary design to a world of baby products that have traditionally been functional but not in tune with the design sense of modern parents. They believe that parents and babies should begin their life together in style, with quality products that reflect modern living. Bloom uses sustainable woods, recyclable plastics & metals and low VOC finishes. Bloom products are CPSIA and ASTM compliant and free of lead, BPA, phthalates, PVC, formaldehyde and MDF.
The Bloom Alma Papa is gorgeous. In all honesty, that is completely what drew me to the crib in the first place. I took one look at it and loved the sleek, modern, and stylish design. It is solid wood and comes in seven color options including Natural, Frost Grey, Coconut White, and Cappuccino. All the color choices are gorgeous but ultimately we decided that the white would fit best with our already decorated space. It measures 49 inches in length and 35.5 inches in height.
Because the crib is not a standard crib size you’ll want to be sure to pick up the crib mattress and fitted sheets, too! This will ensure a perfect fit. Now, this could be a con for some people because the mattress and sheets will run you more than say a typical mattress and sheets from Target would. A standard size mattress and sheets will not fit this crib though. Though having to spend more money on these specific products could be a draw back for some people, we truly do think the quality of both are impeccable and we are pleased. The mattress is made from 100% natural materials and has a 100% organic cotton cover. It is naturally anti-dust mite and certified for allergy protection. This mattress has a pocket spring design that will give baby an undisturbed night’s sleep (hallelujah), a balancing net that evenly distributes body pressure, a high density cotton layer for extra support and comfort, natural rubber latex that contours to baby’s natural posture, and to top it off, an unbleached and undyed natural cotton cover. The fitted crib sheets are 300 thread count and 100% organic cotton. They are machine washable and each pack comes with two sheets because we all know everyone needs a back up on hand.
I could go on and on (and on) about the love I have for this crib but I really want to focus on my five favorite things that I know you will all love and appreciate, too! I’ve broken it down for you below so take a look.
1. This crib has a smaller foot print than standard size cribs, but is spacious enough for baby to rest comfortably up to 4 years! There are 2 mattress heights that allow use as a bassinet and a full size crib. I truly love the perfect size of this crib and that it will grow with my baby. Don’t get me wrong, I still loved the crib we bought my son when he was born but the thing was massive. We set it up in his nursery and it stayed put in his nursery. There was no way we could have used that crib in a shared space like we plan to do this time around. The Alma Crib is smaller than a standard size crib so you can easily keep it in your bedroom if you live in a small space and don’t have an extra room for your baby. At the same time, this is not a crib you’re going to have to dispose of after a year. Simply move the mattress down, and your toddler will sleep comfortably inside until four years of age. Once the time comes and your baby is truly a toddler, all you’ll need to do is put the toddler rail on for them. In the long run you’re going to save big bucks by making an investment up front that is going to last you for the long haul! And who knows, after four years you might have another one on the way and then you can use it all over again! Trust me, this crib will last all the children you throw at it!
2. The room to room mobility of this crib is heaven sent. There are 4 lockable castors so you can just roll this crib around to any room of your house. We’re starting out with it in our room but we plan to move it into baby’s very own room at some point. I am so looking forward to being able to just wheel it on over! I also love the idea that I can wheel this crib into the living room with me if I need to clean (or write Baby Gizmo posts) so it’s nearby. That is a function that I didn’t have with my son that I now feel I can’t live without.
3. The ease of set up blew my mind. Again, going back to when we had my firstborn, I clearly remember it being an all day affair to set up his crib. It came in a million pieces and a 100 page handbook on how to set it up. Of course there were little screws missing and the instructions were hard to read, too. I am pleased to say that this crib is NO HUSBAND REQUIRED FOR ASSEMBLY! When it arrived in the mail, I was so excited to get it set up and I just couldn’t wait for my husband to get home from work. I opened up the package and immediately knew I could easily set this up myself. (If you know me, you know that’s saying something! I am not handy whatsoever.) Set up took under 15 minutes and that is a huge plus.
4. I said it earlier and I’ll say it again. Style, style, style. Now, I know style isn’t the most important thing in the world, but I like good looking baby products and this is it. Since we are sharing a space with our baby, the crib we got had to fit in with our already decorated room. Our room is full of lots of whites with little pops of colors here and there. It’s got a modern feel and I I wanted a sleek and modern crib to fit the with all my hard decorating work.
5. The storage option is wonderful. It easily folds up and fits in our closet, and the mattress is also thin enough that it can fit in our closet or could be slid under our bed. While I don’t plan on folding it up and keeping it in my closet any time in the near future, I love having this option. If you live in a small space you might have times where you need to store your crib and this would be a fabulous perk for you. If you come to the point where you transition your child to another bed but know you want to save this crib for future babies, it’s great to know you can easily store it away! We didn’t save my son’s crib because it was massive and frankly we didn’t have any room to do so, so having this option now is a huge perk!
We do not have a huge house. We have all the space we need, but we don’t have excess room to spare. Just because I don’t have the square footage doesn’t mean I have to sacrifice style. This crib is proof of that. It is a timeless piece that is won;t be going out of style anytime soon.
Bloom has an excellent customer service team which I think is important to mention. If I buy a product, I want to make sure that the customer service team is impeccable. Bloom customer service associates are easy to get a hold of and from my experience, all emails are responded to in a very timely manner. Make sure that you register the warranty for your Bloom products online when you purchase. The form takes a few minutes to complete and will guarantee you an easy time if you ever need to file a warranty claim.
The Bloom Alma Papa Crib currently retails for $700 and delivers on both style and function.