Have you ever made pudding cookies? We’ve shared a few pudding cookie recipes here on the blog because they are just too yummy not to make. The pudding mix gives the cookies an extra softness that we are sure you’ll love. Add some M&Ms and chocolate chips and you have the fantastic Chocolate Chip M&M Pudding Cookies.
WHAT DOES DRY PUDDING MIX DO TO COOKIES?
In case you’ve never made pudding cookies, they are similar to regular chocolate chip cookies but EVEN BETTER! You may never make regular chocolate chip cookies again. Pudding cookies have an even softer and moister (is that a word?!?) texture that makes them super delicious.
When making pudding cookies, it’s important to know that you use DRY INSTANT PUDDING MIX (NOT the Cook n Serve!). You don’t actually make the pudding. You just add in the DRY pudding mix into the cookie batter. Again, you want the INSTANT pudding mix for this recipe. You’ll just dump the entire 3.4 oz box of pudding in.
WHAT KIND OF PUDDING TO ADD TO COOKIES?
This recipe calls for vanilla pudding mix but you can swap it out for any different flavor such as cheesecake, chocolate, or butterscotch. I’m not a fan of butterscotch, so I wouldn’t use that one, but you do you. Remember you want to use the dry INSTANT regular pudding box and NOT the Cook n’ Serve or the sugarfree.
HOW TO MAKE THE COOKIES?
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
MIX the butter and sugars together in a large mixer bowl.
ADD in the vanilla and eggs.
STIR flour and baking soda together in small, separate bowl.
ADD flour mixture slowly to cookie batter until well incorporated.
STIR in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
BAKE the pudding cookies 350 F for 8-12 minutes.
Chocolate Chip M&M Pudding Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add in vanilla and eggs (one at a time).
- Mix together flour, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a SEPARATE BOWL.
- Slowly blend in the dry ingredients (flour mixture) into the butter/sugar/egg mixture until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mini M&Ms.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop the dough on a parchment (or silicon baking mat) covered baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy.
- You can use whatever flavor of pudding mix that you’d like but remember it will change the flavor of the cookies, of course.
- You can use regular M&Ms instead of the mini M&Ms with no problem.
- You can substitute the semi-sweet chocolate chips with dark chocolate or milk chocolate chips.