Chef Sawyer is back, and if you like peanut butter and chocolate, THIS is the recipe for you! Chef Sawyer is whipping up this easy-to-make, melt-in-your-mouth recipe in today’s Baby Gizmo video. Yes, this recipe is so easy to do that kids can make it! It combines our favorite peanut butter cup candies with a moist, ooey-gooey peanut butter and chocolate chip bar.
Sawyer was so excited to make these bars this weekend, that he put on his apron and chef hat first thing on Saturday morning and got to work. The whole family LOVED the finished product but my diet goals didn’t appreciate it very much. It’s all about moderation, right?! 🙂
Watch as Sawyer takes you step-by-step on how to make these easy dessert bars! He’s love to hear your feedback so feel free to leave a comment here on the post or on the video!
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), melted
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 16 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Melt your butter in the microwave.
- To a large mixing bow, add the peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and blend until smooth.
- Add the butter.
- Add the flour and stir (BY HAND - don't blend in a mixer) until just combined but be sure not to overmix.
- Add ½ cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup mini chips to the batter and stir.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and smooth out evenly.
- With the peanut butter cups, make 4 x 4 even rows of candies and push each cup down into the batter.
- Sprinkle the surface with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 22 to 25 minutes, or until done.
- Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Recipe from Averie Cooks.