It’s time to learn how to keep the spark alive! Kids are little anchors (said with affection) and the more you have, the harder it is to find a babysitter. Until your oldest is at an age where they can safely and responsibly babysit your younger children, you’ll have to find someone just so you can go out on a date without them in tow. This isn’t always doable. So it’s time to get creative with your at-home date ideas. Baby Gizmo is here to help!
Remember back when you were dating your significant other, at the beginning when everything was still new and fresh? Remember how fun it was to get to know him, learning cute or interesting facts about him and feeling so much closer to each other? There were fun questions to spark conversation. Well, just because you’re married now, and/or have been together for 10, 15, 25+ years, that doesn’t mean you have to stop dating or learning about him! You may feel like you know everything so you blank on what to talk about or ask him, so that’s where this date idea comes in.
Below you will find 50 fun questions to ask your spouse or take turns answering for each other. Yep, fun questions to ask your spouse about yourself. Or questions to ask your SO (significant other). So make up a fort in the living room, bust out the wine or sparkling cider (or hot chocolate, since it’s winter now), pop the popcorn and dive into the fun, serious, interesting and silly conversations these questions will trigger on your at-home date!
It’s time to learn how to keep the spark alive.
- What was your first impression of me?
- If we had a theme song, what would it be and why?
- What’s the worst thing you ever did as a child and were you ever caught?
- What’s something you did as a teenager that your parents still don’t know about?
- What board game do you hate the most and why?
- What’s the dumbest/silliest/funniest thing you’ve ever cried about?
- If you could choose any opposite gender-specific experience to have, what would it be and why? (For example: pregnancy, period cramps, breastfeeding, being kicked in the testicles, getting to walk around topless and it not be considered indecent exposure, peeing standing up, etc.)
- Tell me your most embarrassing fart story.
- If you could trade lives with anyone for a day, who would it be and why? What would you want to do?
- What is the earliest memory you have?
- You’re driving by yourself in the middle of nowhere. You have complete 360-degree visibility and no one else is around for as far as the eye can see. (Part one) Do you drive the speed limit?
- (Part two) You come to a four-way stop sign. Do you stop, even though no one is around, or do you run through it? Why?
- You’re in prison and have to call me for help. What are you in for and how would you break the news to me over the phone?
- Who would you hate to see naked and what would you do/say if you did?
- If a stranger offered you $1,000 to do something you wouldn’t normally do, what would you do that would be worth that amount of money? How about $100,000?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What skills do you have that would be beneficial during a zombie apocalypse?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Would you be a professional bank robber if you knew you would never get caught/punished? Why or why not?
- If I allowed you to choose my next tattoo for me, and I got no say in the matter, what would you want inked on me and where would it go on my body?
- Are you happy with the amount of time we spend together? If not, what can we do to find more time?
- What is your biggest insecurity? What can we do to fix it/encourage you?
- What hobby do you want to pick up together? (Both if we had all the time in the world and what’s more realistic)
- What is your Love Language?
- Now that we know each other’s Love Languages, how will we use it to better serve each other?
- What’s one thing I’ve never done that you wish I would?
- What character traits of mine do you hope our children will have?
- What is your biggest fear about having kids/our kids growing up?
- What historical event would you want to witness if you could time travel back?
- Describe your own personal heaven.
- Describe your own personal hell.
- If nothing were holding you back, what would you go (back) to college to study? What job/career would you want now?
- What do you think happens after we die?
- What do you think we will be like as grandparents?
- Would you remarry if I were to die young?
- What would you do if our daughter came to us as a teenager and told us she was pregnant?
- Have you ever faked an orgasm? If so, let’s talk about what needs to be done to make that stop!
- What is your favorite way to be seduced?
- How do you feel about me texting sexy/provocative pictures to you while you’re at work?
- What’s one thing we’ve never tried in the bedroom that you’ve always wished we would?
- What’s your favorite outfit of mine that you like me to wear?
- Would you ever wear men’s lingerie for me?
- Would you be open to using sex toys with me in the bedroom? (If you already do: Which toy of ours is your favorite that we use and why?)
- What style of women’s lingerie do you like best on me?
- If we could be intimate anywhere in the world, without fear of being caught, where would you want to have sex?
- You hear your neighbors getting it on—what do you do? A) Hit the wall/ceiling as a warning to make them stop, B) Ignore it, feeling embarrassed/awkward every time you see them from now on, C) Shout encouragements
- Do you want to go on an overnight getaway with me? Where would you want to go (both realistically and ideally)? What do we need to do to make a date away from the kids a reality?
- Would you ever role-play in bed?
- Is there a memory of me/us that always turns you on?
- What is the most awkward thing I could do in the bedroom that would make you laugh/cringe/be instantly turned off?
A variation of this date: Ask a question and then try to guess what your spouse will answer and have him do the same. See how well you think you really know each other!
This date idea only works to be fun AND strengthen your relationship if you’re willing to be totally honest with each other. Honesty will keep the spark alive! And if there are questions that spark an argument because of your differences, take a moment. Slow down, back up, and choose a funny question to diffuse the situation. We are trying to keep the spark alive and not cause an argument here. 🙂
We hoped you liked the fun questions to ask your significant other and we hope it will keep the spark alive. What other questions would you add to this list? Leave them in the comments so we can add to this list!