These Mini Salted Caramel Chocolate Tarts are a combination of my guilty pleasures, Trader Joe’s Belgian Chocolate Pudding and Trader Joe’s Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce layered in a sugar cookie crust. All three ingredients are delicious on their own and just pure bliss when united together in one bite.
Mini Salted Caramel Chocolate Tarts
24 tbsp Sugar Cookie Dough
12 tbsp Trader Joe’s Belgian Chocolate Pudding (can be substituted with the chocolate pudding of your preference)
12 tsp Trader Joe’s Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce (can be substituted with the caramel sauce of your preference)
- Preheat the oven to the temperature on the cookie dough packaging.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Roll the cookie dough into 3″ circles that are about 1/4″ thick.
- Gently press the cookie dough circles into your mini cupcake cavities. Tip: I used the end of my rolling pin to press it into a nice even layer up against the side of the mini muffin tin.
- Bake at the instructed time on the package, until the begins to lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven. If the dough has puffed up, gently push back down with the end of your rolling pin or any other tool that would be the correct size.
- Let the tart shells cool.
- Once cooled, remove the tart shells from the mini cupcake tin.
- Spoon some Belgian Chocolate Pudding into a piping bag. TIP: If you don’t have a piping bag, you can create one using a Ziploc bag. See the tutorial here.
- Fill your tart shells with chocolate pudding 3/4 of the way full.
- Warm the Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce in the microwave for about 5 seconds until it is a softer consistency. Fill a piping bag with the Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce and pipe over the chocolate pudding filling up the tart shells. TIP: If you don’t have a piping bag, you can create one using a Ziploc bag. See the tutorial here.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.