I make cookies often because my husband eats cookies often. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up with him and his cookie habits. I’m sure it will only get worse as my son gets older. I have always loved snicker doodles but sadly I don’t make them as often as I should. This is a fabulous recipe for old fashioned snicker doodles. If you love sugar and cinnamon, you will love these!
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon for the topping ( do NOT mix these in with the other ingredients)
This recipe is so easy because all you need to do is dump all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and beat them with an electric mixer. If your dough isn’t firm enough, cover it and put it in the fridge to chill for a couple hours.
Put the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the 1 tsp of cinnamon in a bowl and stir them together.
Roll your dough into small balls and roll the top of each ball into your cinnamon sugar mix. Make sure you don’t roll the bottoms in the cinnamon sugar or they will probably burn.
Put your cookies on a baking tray and bake them in a 375 degree oven for 8 minutes.
When you take your cookies out of the oven, let them cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving. I always like to sprinkle a little bit of extra cinnamon sugar mix on top once they are out of the oven but that’s optional.
- Half cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- Half tsp vanilla
- 1 and a half cups flour
- **2 tablespoons sugar
- **1 tsp cinnamon
- ** = do not mix these ingredients in with the others. These will be used later.
- Mix everything except the last two ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- If the dough is not firm enough, cover it and store it in the fridge for a few hours.
- Roll the dough into small balls.
- Coat the top of each ball in the 2 tbs sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Do not coat the bottom or they may burn.
- Bake the cookies in a 375 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5-10 minutes before serving and eating.
I hope you all will make these cookies and love them as much as my family does!