Spinach Turkey Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe
Yesterday, I jumped on Facebook LIVE when was finishing up making dinner for my family. Yep, I’m a mult-tasker! Since the purpose of the live chat was to talk about this week’s Lily Jade Giveaway, I didn’t have the Spinach Turkey Lasagna Roll Up recipe on hand to share with you guys at the time. I should have been more prepared and anticipated all the requests for the actual recipe because this is one of my go-to dinner ideas for my family right now. It’s rather easy to make, delicious AND it has my kids eating spinach. Basically it’s a win-win across the board! Whether you watched the live chat or not, here is how to make a fantastic meal that is also 21-day fix approved!
9 cooked lasagna noodles (whole wheat)
1 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach (chopped)
2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1/2 lb ground turkey – cooked
1 spaghetti Sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Brown ground turkey in skillet and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Mix Ricotta Cheese, chopped spinach, parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt in bowl. Add in ground turkey. Set aside. (NOTE: The finer you chop your spinach, the less your kids will notice it.)
3. In a baking dish, place 1 cup of pasta sauce around the bottom of the dish. Spread evenly.
4. Lay a piece of wax paper on your counter, place lasagna noodles on paper and dab with paper towel to make sure all moisture is gone.
5. Spread cheese mixture evenly over each piece of lasagna. Begin rolling one strip of lasagna at one end and roll all the way up. Place in baking dish seam side down. Continue process with all lasagna pieces.
6. Top lasagna rolls with sauce and mozzarella cheese. Place aluminum foil over dish tightly and place in preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
If you’re on the 21 day fix 2 of these rolls equals out 1 Red, 1 Purple, 1 Yellow, 1 Blue, 1 Green.
(Recipe via Beachbody)