Every 4th of July, my family gets together for a backyard BBQ before we go watch the fireworks at night. I love the food, the people, but I L-O-V-E the games! Check out some of our favorite backyard family game ideas that are sure to brighten up your celebration this year!
– Bean Bag Toss. Set up a bean bag toss, choose teams of two, and compete until only one team is remaining as victorious!
– Croquet. It really is super easy to set up a homemade croquet course and kids and adults alike will love to play!
– Potato Sack Races. All you need are eager players and some sacks! This one is especially good for all the kids. Have them do it several times to wear them out before the big firework show!
– Kickball. Have a game of good ol’ fashioned kickball fun!
– Glow in the Dark Nighttime Bowling. A twist on the classic bowling game.
– Badminton. This classic backyard game isn’t as easy as it looks, but boy is it fun!
– Tug Of War. Find out once and for all who the strongest ones in the family are!
– Bocce Ball. Please tell me you’ve all heard of bocce ball?! This is my family’s favorite game and we play it every time we’re together. My grandpa always wins.
-Horseshoes. Who else played horseshoes with their grandparents when they were little?!
– Shuffleboard. You can even make your own shuffleboard using chalk if you don’t have a set yourself.
-Trivia. 4th of July is the perfect time to quiz your family on some good ol’ American history questions. Look up questions and answers online and see who knows the most about our fabulous country.
What backyard games do you and your family play? What are your plans for the 4th Of July? If you have any other backyard games that are perfect for the 4th leave us a comment and add to our list!