My preschooler turns up his nose like a haughty little prince when I present him with vegetables. Especially green ones. So, you can only imagine to my delight when he gobbled up zucchini, a super green veggie, via a piece of chocolate zucchini bread.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I get that there is a fair amount of sugar and cocoa in this recipe. It’s most definitely a pastry. But still, in the back of my mind I’m convinced that the good of the zucchini outweighs the chocolate 🙂
This delightful loaf will make you toss your former zucchini bread recipe. The chocolate takes it up one amazing notch making it a spectacular way to use up any excess zucchini you’ve got laying around!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-3 cups grated zucchini (I always sneak in a little extra if I can!)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients – flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat sugar and eggs. Add oil and vanilla. With a spatula fold in grated zucchini. Stir in dry ingredients and once well combined fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide between loaf pans and bake for 60 minutes.