So I know it sometimes feels like all we talk about Baby Gizmo are chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate recipes, but we can be healthy too. Sometimes. I have been looking into the Paleo diet, which focuses on eating wholesome food while emphasizing the importance of getting enough sleep and exercise…. The sleep and exercise thing is a little tricky for me, but the eating thing I can definitely do! 😉
A friend referred me to this Banana Scramble recipe from Edible Harmony. So many times I see a recipe that says “Quick and easy” and then it usually has 101 steps. This recipe is truly easy! And your little one will love making it with you. It’s sounds a little strange- eggs and bananas? But this won’t disappoint, it tastes so delicious. My 3 year old loves this, and on the weekends, I add a little maple syrup on top.
So if you’re dairy free, gluten free, wheat free, sugar free, nut free, lots of things free, this is for you! It does contain eggs. Alternatively, if you’re not into coconut flour, or coconut oil, you could try using your favorites. You can mix this up in so many ways, you could add more eggs to make it more moist, you could add also chocolate chips for a treat. I like to add chia seeds on top for that extra health kick.
Paleo Banana Scramble
2 ripe bananas mashed
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp raisins (optional)
1. Mash the bananas in a medium to large bowl
2. Crack and add the eggs to the bananas. Mix well.
3. Add the vanilla, cinnamon and flour. You would also add the raisins at this point, but my daughter decided she didn’t want them today (we’re only doing a Baby Gizmo recipe blog right now darling!). Mix well.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium heat.
5. Add the mixture to the pan.
6. Wait until the bottom has browned before scrambling. You will see the sides of the mixture starting to change color. Scramble your mixture, wait for it to brown again, scramble again. Repeat until it’s completely cooked.
Serve and enjoy!