It’s holiday baking season! This week I’m visiting family for Christmas and that means I’m baking up a storm. I shared a photo of these cookie bars on my Instagram feed and people literally freaked out wanting the recipe.
After my family devoured the entire pan, we decided that you NEED this recipe. It’s so much gooey awesomeness that combines peanut butter, oatmeal, caramel and chocolate that I think you should make this today! As in RIGHT NOW! I found the recipe from our friends at Mom on Timeout.
- 11 oz bag vanilla caramels
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tbls butter
- 12 Tbl unsalted butter
- 2 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbl vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- 1 cup Heath toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper for easy removal of the bars.
- Unwrap all the caramels and place in a small saucepan with butter and sweetened condensed milk.
- Cook over medium-low heat until caramels have fully melted and the mixture is nice and smooth. Set aside caramel to cool while you make the cookie batter.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add peanut butter and continue mixing.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder and salt slowly mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and toffee bits.
- Evenly spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly pour caramel mixture evenly over the dough.
- Drop the remaining dough on top by the teaspoon. Try to flatten evenly over caramel layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool completely and then cut into bars.
Serve warm topped with ice cream or at room temperature.
Recipe from Mom On Timeout