Oops. The Tooth Fairy forgot to come last night and now we have a crying kid on our hands.
Hey, it happens to the best of us! So when this inevitably does happen at least once, to at least one of your kids, we’ve got you covered. Here are 20 believable reasons why the Tooth Fairy didn’t come last night:
- Well, your tooth wasn’t scheduled to fall out for another 5 days so she probably wasn’t ready. But she knows about it now so we will try again tonight. (Could possibly even have your kid write a letter to the TF letting her know the tooth came early)
- Maybe she got hungry and had to go home early? Tonight, we can try leaving out a snack for her so that doesn’t happen again.
- The Tooth Fairy had to send one of her fairy workers to get it and they got lost on the way. I bet the Tooth Fairy herself will come tonight because of that mistake.
- She had an emergency meeting with the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause to attend and was so tired afterwards that she fell right to sleep.
- It rained last night and that’s a dangerous time for the tiny Tooth Fairy to be out. Those raindrops are too big for her!
- She had to swerve to avoid a mosquito and that made her drop all her money so she had to go back to get more.
- So many kids lost their teeth yesterday that she couldn’t pick them all up in one night and will have to come get yours tonight.
- Tinkerbell (or the Easter Bunny, or a squirrel, or whoever) was in trouble and the Tooth Fairy had to go help her out. (She was stuck on a tree branch?)
- She heard you waking up and had to leave so you wouldn’t see her.
- Your room was too messy. The Tooth Fairy can’t navigate a messy room to get to you.
- She got sick and didn’t want to spread her germs to you.
- The Tooth Fairy doesn’t work on Sundays, just like I don’t! She needs a day off to rest, too!
- Her mom made her stay home to clean her room.
- She fell asleep waiting for you to fall asleep.
- The Tooth Fairy must have seen you fighting with your brother yesterday and was too scared to come. But I bet she will come today if you’re nicer!
- She came, but couldn’t find the tooth because she forgot her glasses!
- The dog heard her fly in and barked, scaring her away. I’ll make sure to keep him in my room tonight so the Tooth Fairy won’t have to worry about him.
- When does the tooth fairy come? Your tooth didn’t come out until after 5:00 PM, which is the Tooth Fairy’s cutoff time for the day. She will pick yours up tomorrow.
- Sometimes the tooth falls down in the night when you move, or the coin the Tooth Fairy left slides under the mattress. Let’s go investigate together (Holding the coin in your hand as you lift the mattress, sneak it under at that moment, as if it had been there all along.)
- Maybe that spot was too hard for the Tooth Fairy to find. Let’s try a new spot tonight and maybe draw her a big picture to go with it so she won’t be able to miss it!
And in case you want to end the Tooth Fairy tradition, use this excuse:
Our Tooth Fairy died. Sorry.