This past weekend the kids and I whipped up a batch of our favorite Cocoa Krispie Spider Treats. They are super easy to make, the kids can help and they turn out so cute. These make a great after-school snack or a Halloween party snack.
Cocoa Krispies Spider Treats
6 cups Cocoa Krispies
1 (10.5 oz) bag of mini marshmallows
1/4 cup butter
Decoration on the Spiders:
24 Mini Marshmallows
Black Food Gel Icing
Vanilla Tootsie Rolls
Cake pop / sucker sticks (optional)
Cocoa Krispie Treat Instructions
- Spray a 9×9 pan lightly with cooking spray
- Melt butter over low heat in large saucepan
- Remove 24 mini marshmallows from the bag and set aside for decoration.
- When butter is melted add in rest of the marshmallow bag and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in your Cocoa Krispies.
- Press into prepared pan. Let cool for 15 minutes.
Spider Treat Assembly
1. Use a 2″ round cookie cutter to cut the krispie treats into circles.
2. Using a rolling pin, flatten 24 mini marshmallows for the eyes.
3. Press the marshmallow eyes on the krispie rounds.
4. Flatten Vanilla Tootsie Rolls and cut out triangle shaped fangs and press onto krispie rounds.
5. Take 8 pretzel sticks and gently stick into the sides of the rounds to make the legs. *HINT: To make it easier without breaking the pretzel sticks, poke a hole where each leg should be with the cake pop sticks first, and then insert the pretzel sticks.
6. With the black food gel icing, make a dot on each marshmallow eye to complete the eyes. Makes 12 spiders.
If you’d like to try some other treats… Candy Corn Marshmallow Ghosts, Pizzas Mummies and Marshmallow Witches.