If you want to indulge in a chocolatey, oooey gooey, satisfying dessert but would like to eat clean, this Guilt-Free Chocolate Lava Cake will surely fulfill your desires. The texture is like a sponge cake with a creamy center that tastes like chocolate cake batter.
This is my go-to recipe when I get those late night cravings for something sweet but I don’t really have the energy to make a complicated dessert that requires a lot post baking clean up.
This Guilt-Free Chocolate Lava Cake is gluten free, refined sugar free and packed with protein and best of all, it can be whipped up in less than 20 minutes. It really can’t get better than that!
Guilt-Free Chocolate Lava Cake
- 3 Tablespoon Chocolate Protein Powder you can also substitute with almond or coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Grass Fed Butter softened (you can also substitute with Greek Yogurt)
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup you can also substitute with honey
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl using a beater or whisk.
- Pour your batter into 3 ramekins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes. It should be slightly underdone and jiggly when you remove it from the oven.
- For maximum oooey gooey-ness enjoy immediately before it sets.
*This recipe was adapted from a recipe I found here on the Eat, Lift and Be Happy Blog.
About the author: Rubina Umarji is the owner and executive cake artist of Rubina’s Cake Shoppe. After the birth of her son in 2009, she left her career in engineering to focus on her two passions: her family and her edible art. Since then, she’s had the opportunity to showcase cakes and gourmet confections to thousands of dessert loving clients as well as over 100 of Hollywood’s hottest stars and has had her cakes featured on television. Now her days are focused on teaching cake decorating classes to all ages. Her favorite students are her two children, ages 3 and 5. She frequently writes cake decorating tutorials and recipes on the Rubina’s Cake Shoppe Blog (www.rubinascakeshoppe.com/blog).