This roasted red potatoes recipe is super easy to put together. Coat your potatoes in garlic, herbs and parmesan cheese, bake to a golden brown and you have yourself a perfect family-friendly side dish.
Looking for an easy side dish for your next family dinner? I love to switch things up from one of our Gluten Free Side Dishes for a Summer BBQ to Bacon Wrapped Tater Tot Bombs to this easy and quick Roasted Red Potatoes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE ROASTED POTATOES
- Baby Red Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED RED POTATOES
It’s easy. Cut your red potatoes in quarters (you can do halves if you like bigger pieces!) and toss them in olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Place the coated red potatoes in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 35 minutes. You can sprinkle the potatoes with parsley but I skip that step because the green freaks out the kids.
ROASTED POTATOES FLAVOR VARIATIONS
Looking to change the recipe up a little to suit your family’s taste? Here are some delicious options below:
- Swap out the Italian seasoning for ranch seasoning to give these potatoes a great kick. (You can find the ranch seasoning packets in the salad dressing aisle at your local grocery store.)
- Swap out the red potatoes for Yukon gold potatoes.
- Swap out the parsley for chopped basil.
- Add more cheese at the end of roasting. Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella or cheddar cheese on top for the last 5-10 minutes of roasting.
- Add bacon. Bacon makes everything yummier.
Roasted Red Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degree. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, add chopped potatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese. Toss to coat.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on the foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley or parmesan cheese and serve.