Last year my sister-in-law gave me the easiest recipe ever for BBQ pulled chicken that you can make in the slow cooker. It’s so easy, in fact, that I hesitate to even call it a recipe. It also happens to be really delicious. I’ve made this chicken for many guests and it’s always a huge hit. It’s also a great dish to serve at parties because you can make a lot of it with little effort. The best part is, kids love it—score! Here’s the very short recipe, which has only three (yes, three) ingredients. You can, of course, change the amounts of chicken and ingredients to accommodate your party size.
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup (about 10 3/4 oz.)
1 40-oz. bottle Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce (Trust me—it has to be Sweet Baby Ray’s!)
1. Place chicken in the slow cooker.
2. Add as much of the barbecue sauce as you’d like. I usually put about 3/4 of the bottle.
3. Add the cream of chicken soup.
4. Cook the chicken on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
5. Using two forks, pull the chicken apart until it’s shredded. Mix everything together.
6. Serve open-faced on rolls.