These Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Rolls can serve as an attractive appetizer for your guests, or even as a fun and healthy snack for your child. The saltiness and smokiness from the salmon, creaminess from the cheeses and tanginess from the capers combined together create the perfect savory bite.
They sound fancy but can be made in 5 simple steps. Layer the Havarti cheese, smoked salmon, cream cheese, and capers. Then, roll them up and you are done!
- 10 oz Havarti cheese slices (room temperature)
- 8 oz Nova Lox or smoked salmon
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Thinly sliced red onion (Optional)
- Place the Havarti cheese and cream cheese at room temperature for about 20 minutes to ensure that the cream cheese is easy to spread and the cheese slices can bend and don’t break as you roll.
- Cut the Havarti cheese slices in half, you should have 20 half slices.
- Place a layer of the smoked salmon slices on top of the Havarti cheese slices.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese over the smoked salmon.
- Place 2 rows of capers at the bottom edge of the cheese.
- Add a slice of red onion if you prefer
- Roll upwards and secure with a toothpick
About the author: Rubina Umarji is the owner and executive cake artist of Rubina’s Cake Shoppe. After the birth of her son in 2009, she left her career in engineering to focus on her two passions: her family and her edible art. Since then, she’s had the opportunity to showcase cakes and gourmet confections to thousands of dessert loving clients as well as over 100 of Hollywood’s hottest stars and has had her cakes featured on television. Now her days are focused on teaching cake decorating classes to all ages. Her favorite students are her two children, ages 3 and 5. She frequently writes cake decorating tutorials and recipes on the Rubina’s Cake Shoppe Blog (www.rubinascakeshoppe.com/blog).