With strawberries in full swing, we’ve been whipping up quite a few very berry treats, one of which is these delicious strawberry cream muffins from my mama’s recipe arsenal. This is our third year munching on these muffins with fresh strawberries and I couldn’t wait to snack on a batch this summer. I was lucky to snag a photo of them before they we’re all eaten!
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons liquid white from one egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Place cupcake liners in your muffin pan or use nonstick spray in each spot
- In a small bowl, blend the filling ingredients and set aside
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Add vanilla, almond extract and milk, stir to combine. Allow mixture to cool from hot to warm and then blend in eggs.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and add the butter mixture. Mix, but don’t over do it. Just until it’s incorporated.
- With a spoon, fill each cupcake liner with muffin batter, about 1/3 to a 1/2 full. Sprinkle a few strawberries on top of of the batter then dollop a teaspoon or two of the filling mixture on top of the berries. Top with a tablespoon or two with muffin batter. Add a few strawberries on the top and allow them to sink into the batter. Sprinkle the top of the uncooked muffins with sugar for a yummy sugar crumble once baked.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool in the pan and then awhile longer on a cooling rack.
This is by far my favorite berry muffin recipe! I hope you’ll love it too! What’s your favorite recipe for the plethora of berries during the summer?