Thanksgiving is just around the corner and like you, I can’t wait! It’s great to get together with friends and family, reflect and give thanks for all the blessings in your life, and the best part of all, eat good food!! When it comes to Thanksgiving dinner, I am a traditionalist. I don’t mind new additions to the menu, as long as I have the essentials covered- cornbread muffins being one of them.
Within the past few years, we discovered that my husband and son have allergies to wheat so I took on the challenge of coming up with gluten free versions of all our favorite baked goods, including cornbread. These Gluten Free Cornbread Muffins are sweet and tender, you would never guess that they were sweetened with just honey . The addition of fresh corn adds an extra depth of texture and moistness. They will be a sure hit with any crowd whether your guests are gluten intolerant or not.
MORE MUFFIN RECIPES
Gluten Free Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup Gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup Milk room temperature
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Frozen corn thawed
- 1 tablespoon Butter for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Rub the 1 tablespoon of butter around each cavity in a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together the gluten free all purpose flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the honey, melted butter, milk and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated together.
- Stir in the corn.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cavity about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
About the author: Rubina Umarji is the owner and executive cake artist of Rubina’s Cake Shoppe. After the birth of her son in 2009, she left her career in engineering to focus on her two passions: her family and her edible art. Since then, she’s had the opportunity to showcase cakes and gourmet confections to thousands of dessert loving clients as well as over 100 of Hollywood’s hottest stars and has had her cakes featured on television. Now her days are focused on teaching cake decorating classes to all ages. Her favorite students are her two children, ages 3 and 5. She frequently writes cake decorating tutorials and recipes on the Rubina’s Cake Shoppe Blog (www.rubinascakeshoppe.com/blog).