I’ve been on a cookie baking craze lately. Last week, I started with the Best, Most Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, and this week it’s all about the peanut butter cookie. These aren’t your typical peanut butter cookie that you throw together and criss cross the top with a fork. No these are special. These are the BEST peanut butter cookies that you can make. I know, I know, I threw around that word “best” last week too but I’m serious here, people! Anytime I get a request from family or friends for peanut butter cookies, these are the ones that I make.
They are nothing short of amazing! They include chocolate chips and just enough oatmeal to barely notice it but not be overpowering. Yes, these peanut butter cookies have oatmeal, the secret ingredient to make them perfect.
When you are craving cookies and just can’t decide chocolate chip, peanut butter or oatmeal, this is the recipe to make. Heck, if you are craving any kind of cookies, these are the kind to make. This recipe is easy and as long as you don’t burn them, they turn out perfect every time.
Seriously, enough talk. Just make them. Period.
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (quick or old fashioned oats)
- 2 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Cream the margarine, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar in a mixer.
2. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix. Combine the flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt and add to the cream mixture.
3. Add chips to dough and mix by hand.
4. Using a cookie scoop (or just a spoon!) scoop dough into balls (about 1″) on a cookie sheet about 2″ apart. Just slightly flatten dough balls.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies sit on pan for 3-5 minutes after baking for easy removal from pan.