Here is an easy make ahead recipe for a Heavenly White Chocolate Mousse. This luscious and light-as-air mousse is an ethereal end to any meal. I like to serve the mousse in individual sized parfait bowls to make my guests feel extra special. Garnish with dark chocolate shavings or fresh berries for a contrast. It only requires three ingredients and it can be whipped up in no time!
- 5 ounces high quality white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 5 ounces heavy cream
- 5 ounces pasteurized egg whites
- A dark chocolate or milk chocolate bar, for garnish
- Place the chopped white chocolate in a bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium-low heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Pour the heavy cream over the white chocolate. Let it sit for a minutes so the white chocolate starts to melt and then whisk the mixture together until it is completely smooth. Let cool.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until it forms stiff peaks when you lift the whisk. Gently fold in the cooled white chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the white chocolate mousse into four serving cups.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave some dark or milk chocolate over the white chocolate mousse for garnish. Fresh berries would also compliment the mousse very well.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
About the author: Rubina Umarji is the owner and executive cake artist of Rubina’s Cake Shoppe. After the birth of her son in 2009, she left her career in engineering to focus on her two passions: her family and her edible art. Since then, she’s had the opportunity to showcase cakes and gourmet confections to thousands of dessert loving clients as well as over 100 of Hollywood’s hottest stars and has had her cakes featured on television. Now her days are focused on teaching cake decorating classes to all ages. Her favorite students are her two children, ages 3 and 5. She frequently writes cake decorating tutorials and recipes on the Rubina’s Cake Shoppe Blog (www.rubinascakeshoppe.com/blog).